
This blog is being created for the purpose of validating and accepting the concept of self-initiation. There has been arguments on both sides of this issue and those arguments are laid to rest here because i have been, I am, and will always be a vocal champion of self-initiation. I am not alone in this area. Israel Regardie, Aleister Crowley, the Ciceros, and others have voiced their opinion on this as well. The debate will continue as the numbers of solo practitioners swell at an enormous rate. I do believe there are way more solitary students than lodge or order members. The cold hard fact is self-initiation is not going away and it will be the wave of the future.
I first picked up the book The Golden Dawn back in 1992. Something within its pages stirred something inside that led me on a quest that luckily led back to myself. I kept rereading the introduction where Regardie explained how someone could study and work with the system. I took his words on faith and stumbled and bumbled my way through the labyrinth and feel like I still am. Then in 1997 the Self Initiation into the Golden Dawn tradition came out. I browsed through the book and bought it straight away. I took it home like it was a highly treasured prize. And it was to me! I went with it and started working through it. My first attempts at the 0=0 were clumsy at best and non-effective at worst. I stayed with it however, and in time the performances got a little smoother and I started discovering that I was aided in my work with the Goddess Thme. She started becoming a living reality in my work and I appealed to her often to help me do the work. Even now as I am working through the book for my sixth time, I appeal to her in a heartfelt way.
Many people whom I have discussed self-initiation with tell me that the self-initiation book is not workable, that it is unwieldy, and that there is too much knowledge to be learned and they want an easier method. I don't recall seeing where anyone said it would be easy. Anything worthwhile is going to be difficult because then it remains a worthwhile treasure. Sure there is a lot of information in the book, sure the rituals are difficult to perform but in the long run it will all be worth it. It is one of the most comprehensive books on self-initiation and one that is highly prized by a few magicians that quietly pursue their path of self- initiation.
In my next post I will discuss other approaches to self-initiation. There are many avenues of approaching this matter and will, in the end, initiate a person into the magic of light.
No comments:
Post a Comment